Lots of news to report this week about the next Enophone shipments, Enowork app updates, and our growing team at Eno.
A bug in MacOS Monterey is inhibiting the Enophones, so please don’t update yet!
We’re shipping our next wave of Enophones this week, with more coming on a rolling basis. Keep an eye on your emails for your tracking numbers!
Before we ship your Enophone, we need you to update/verify your shipping address. Please read the full update below for more details about how to do so.
We’re going live with Enowork v0.5 this week! The updated version has tons of great features that brings Enophone closer to our vision of a Fitbit for your brain. Download it at enophone.com/getstarted, and read the full update for full details.
Last but not least, we’ve brought on a new community manager to help you get the best experience out of your Enophones. Don’t hesitate to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your feedback, ask any questions, or just say hello!
So, before diving into the main update, we need to share a quick PSA: a bug in MacOS Monterey is currently interfering with Enophone’s Bluetooth stream, which prevents streaming the sensor data to the app. In order to continue using the Enowork app, we suggest that you avoid updating to Monterey for the time being.
Enowork uses a native MacOS CoreBluetooth API to establish a socket connection with the Enophones. Unfortunately, in the latest build of Monterey, this API call is not properly establishing the socket connection. Several other hardware companies have reported this issue on Apple’s forums, but as of today Apple has not released a patch for the issue.
We are currently in touch with Apple, who are working on the issue, and we expect that they will patch this bug very soon. We will keep you posted here as we hear more.
Enophone Batch 5
We’ve been making good progress towards manufacturing Batch 5. In fact: we just received a few Enophones early, which we’ll be shipping out this week!
As we receive more and more Enophones, we’ll be shipping them on a rolling basis moving forward. The first shipment will go out this week to all Kickstarter backers with order number below 3750, and beyond after that. Indiegogo, thinkmindset.com, and enophone.com orders will be following soon after.
An important note: keep an eye on your emails, for your tracking numbers, in addition to any messages from the shipping companies or your local customs. Many international orders will need to pay import duties before receiving the units, and will notify you directly by email. Make sure to check your spam folder so you don’t miss anything!
We’re very excited to be shipping your Enophones, and can’t wait to get your feedback!
Building on the shipping excitement, another PSA: it’s very important that you update your shipping address so your Enophone goes to the right place!
Please follow these instructions, based on where you ordered your Enophones:
- Kickstarter – you can verify your address through backerkit. Please email email@example.com if you need to unlock the survey to update your address.
- Indiegogo – you can verify your address through backerkit. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to unlock the survey to update your address.
- Thinkmindset.com – We will be sending an email with instructions to confirm your shipping address. We will not ship your Enophone until you confirm your address.
- Enophone.com – please email us directly at email@example.com and with your old and new addresses, and we’ll update your file.
We won’t ship your Enophone until you confirm your shipping addresses.
The latest update to Enowork v0.5 is ready, and will be releasing this week. You can download it via enophone.com/getstarted, or by clicking the update prompt in your current Enowork app.
This update ads a TON of new features that will elevate your Enophone experience:
- Auto tracking – whenever you wear your Enophone, they will automatically start tracking your focus without pressing the “Start session” button.
- Auto-start at login – Enowork will load automatically when you login to your computer. This works with auto-tracking to make it easier than ever to track your focus.
- New session page – we redesigned the session page to help visualize your focus, control your Enosound music, set session timers, and more.
- Updated status indicator – we improved the status indicator algorithm, and added a hoverstate to help guide you through adjusting your Enophones.
- New onboarding – we’ve added more context to the onboardng, as well as a calibration for the status indicator.
- Stability improvements – this release is the most robust yet, patching many of the issues you shared over the past months.
This release is a big milestone, bringing Enophone closer to our vision of the perfect work headphones. Now, like a Fitbit, simply wearing your Enophone during the day will allow you to collect a wealth of data about your brain and your work. In our next release we will be adding tools to help visualize, interpret, and act on this data!
We can’t wait to hear your feedback about the latest release – please share your experience in the comments, or at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Help with new feature experiments
Over the past few years, our #1 priority has been focused on shipping a high-quality product as fast as we could. A side-effect of this prioritization is that, unfortunately, our customer service response time has often been quite slow.
With Enophones now shipping, and the Enowork app improving with every release, we are now shifting our priority to delivering the best possible experience to you, our backers. As a result, we are happy to announce that Oliver is now joining the Eno team as our community manager!
Some of you have heard from Oliver over the last few weeks through email@example.com. Moving forward, Oliver will be available to answer all your questions and help ensure that you get the best experience possible from your Enophones. For the fastest response time, the best place to reach us is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Of course, I (Jacob) am still happy to hear from you if you want to connect! If you want my attention, just let us know at email@example.com. Or better yet, add me on Linkedin so that we can connect moving forward!
* * * * *
That’s all for now! Please take this chance to double-check your shipping address, and keep an eye on your emails for a tracking number.
As always, please share your feedback in the comments, or at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Lots of love,
– The Eno Team