August update

August 16, 2021

Shipping batch 4, and exciting new features in Enowork!

Jacob Flood

Hey Backers!

The team’s been working really hard to get more units out, and update every facet of the Enophone experience. It’s been a while since we’ve shared an update – we wanted to ensure we had a concrete timeline we could trust before setting expectations.

We’re excited to show you our latest progress over the past months, and announce what’s to come. Enjoy!

TL;DR

We are shipping Batch 4 of Enophones to every Kickstarter backer with order # below 3,600 starting the week of August 30th. Due to component shortages, Batch 5 will be shipping all remaining pre-orders by December 2021.

v0.4.3 of Enowork will be out in the coming days with improved stability. Meanwhile, the software team is preparing release v0.5.0, which will include major robustness improvements, a new session page and focus level, automatic tracking, and a new onboarding. Look for this release in a few weeks, alongside Batch 4.

Read the full update below for more details!

Enophone Batch 4

Let’s dive right into the big news: Enophone Batch 4. We have manufactured our latest batch of Enophones, and will be shipping these units in 2 weeks, starting August 30th. Every Kickstarter backer with order number below #3,600 will be receiving their Enophone in this shipment.

Batch 4, ready to ship from our factory!

In preparing Batch 4, we unfortunately learned that one of the electronics components in our product is currently sold out everywhere due to the international supply chain shortages manufacturers have been facing. As a result, we were unable to meet the volume for this batch necessary to ship all remaining pre-orders as we’d hoped. We were able to secure enough materials to ship Enophones to backers up to #3,600, but the remaining units will need to be produced in our subsequent batch.

As a result of this, we have spent the last few months working with our team to swap the component for an equivalent one, and modify our firmware accordingly. We are now far enough along in this change that we feel comfortable projecting that Batch 5 will arrive in December, in time for the holidays. This will ship all remaining Enophone pre-orders across all platforms.

To everyone with backer number below 3,600: please double check your address on Backerkit in the next few days, as we will be locking in the shipping address soon. You will receive a tracking number by email once the Enophone ships, and should receive the unit shortly after!

As a quick reminder: we will only be shipping units to backers who have updated their backerkit survey with their current shipping address. If you haven’t done so, please visit this link for Kickstarter, and this link for Indiegogo. Those who ordered through our website, do not need to update anything.

Please email hello@enophone.com if you need any help with updating your shipping address. We look forward to shipping your Enophones!

Enowork v0.5

While the hardware team prepared the next batch, the software team has been working on our next app release: v0.5.

This update will release alongside Batch 4, and focus on the following improvements:

1. App and Bluetooth robustness

Many of you shared edge case bugs with us that you experienced with Enophone, Enowork, or both. Thanks to your feedback, we have implemented several crucial reliability and robustness improvements to the data streaming and app launch. This will help ensure that tracking your brain can be a consistent part of your workday.

1. New session page and focus level

One piece of feedback we heard often is that you want to be able to see your focus level in real time while you’re wearing Enophone. As a result, we redesigned the session page to add a focus level visualization. Now, whenever you wear Enophone, opening the app will immediately show you your focus level in real time.

The new session page illustrates your focus level in real time!
  1. Automatic tracking

In v0.4 we released a beta for automatic tracking, which allows Enowork to automatically track your focus level during the day without having to start and stop your sessions. After several iterations, we are ready to fully integrate this feature into the app. Now, every time you wear Enophone, you can be confident that your focus level will be saved and available to view later!

1. New onboarding and calibration

Finally, we have updated Enowork’s onboarding to add a data calibration, and a survey to help us personalized recommendations for your focus sessions. As we add new coaching features over the coming months, this data will help ensure that the experience is personalized to you and your habits.

The new onboarding calibraton will help personalize Enowork to your brain

We’re anticipating launching this major update in the next few weeks. Whether you’re new to Enowork, you’ve been using it for months, or you haven’t touched it in a while, we recommend checking out the new features is has to offer!

Enophone technical issues

We saw a few comments recently from backers that received their Enophone in Batch 3, citing issues with the audio quality, Bluetooth connection, and app installation. We wanted to share some feedback on these questions.

I want to clarify that the majority of these issues can be resolved. Many times, we have a quick fix ready to share! We set the quality standard for Enophones quite high, and if your current unit is not living up to that we want to help.

Based on your feedback we’ve been able to replicate many of the bugs – more will be solved in Enowork v0.5 – while others remain difficult to track. This is why we need your help: if you’ve experienced any bugs with Enophone or Enowork, please reach out to our technical support team at support@enophone.com to help us improve your experience, and everyone else’s.

In parallel, we are working on adding more details to our user manual, as well as a help section to our website with guides to resolving common issues and getting the most out of your Enophone. We will update our website in the coming weeks to share this resource.

Our goal is to keep improving Enophone to add new features, patch old issues, and deliver the best possible brain-sensing tool. As our first customers, your testing, feedback, and support helps make that happen!

Enophone SDK update

For everyone interested in the Enophone SDK for streaming EEG data into your personal apps and projects, we have good news: we’re integrating Enophone into Brainflow!

Brainflow provides integrated tools for streaming, parsing, and processing EEG data. They have done a fantastic job of simplifying the process of integrating EEG into biosignal projects and apps, making it really easy to use neurotech devices in personal and professional projects.

We’ve been working with the team at Brainflow to integrate Enophone into their SDK, so that you can leverage their incredible tools to get access to your neural data. A special thanks to Andrey Parfenov for his incredible effort in integrating Enophone and helping make neural data more accessible for the community!

You can check out the git repo for the full implementation. We will be adding tutorials and sample code to help get setup with the data over the coming months. Please do share with us any projects you create – we hope you enjoy!

Please reach out if you have any questions, or comment your thoughts below and we’ll be sure to answer them!

Also, we’d really love your feedback about Enophone, Enowork, and any new features you’d like us to add over the coming months. If you have suggestions or ideas, please send them our way to hello@enophone.com!

– The Eno Team

Comments

• Samantha Carter

I can’t believe my Enophone is finally coming, I’m super excited. I’ve been feeling SOOO distracted lately, I really think tracking my focus will help me improve my work habits. I hope you’ll be offering ways to make sense of this data like highlighting issues we have and changes we can make? Or like routines we can use? The more the better!

• Jacob (eno)

Hi Samantha – we’re looking forward to shipping your Enophone and getting feedback on how it helps you deal with distraction!

Right now we’re prioritizing the focus tracking. In the next few updates we’ll be adding more coaching features, as well as a stats page for visualizing your data over longer periods. Lots of great features in the pipeline that we’ll be releasing every few months!

• tina

It’s been a long time since last update. I’m glad to see things are still moving forward and units are being delivered.

When should we expect tracking numbers?

• Jacob (eno)

Hi Tina – we intend to ship the units starting August 30th, so you can expect to receive a tracking number a few days after that!

• Laura

I already have my unit. I really like the build quality and how it sounds.

I’m excited to see app improvements. I haven’t used that app that much yet, but I use the enophones every day!! I can’t wait for the new functions to get released.

• Jacob (eno)

Hi Laura – glad to hear you’re enjoying your Enophone!

The app functionality was limited at launch, but we’ve been adding more and more features ever since. With the new v0.5.0 update coming soon, the automatic tracking is really a game changer – be sure to check it out!

• Daisy Hao

So if my backer number is 3560 I’ll be receiving it in two weeks right? I hadn’t heard anything in the last few weeks and got worried, but now I’m really eager to get my headset, I can’t wait!!

• Jacob (eno)

Hi Daisy – yes indeed, based on your backer number you’ll be receiving your unit in the next shipment in 2 weeks. Look forward to getting your feedback on the Enophone!

• Danny C.

Hey team, looking forward to getting mine. I followed the link to update my address and it said it couldn’t find a survey for my email, what does that mean?

• Jacob (eno)

Hey Danny – this likely means that the email address on file is different from your current email.

Please send us an email at hello@enophone.com and we’ll get you sorted out!

• eric

Finally an SDK!! Looking forward to trying that out

• Jacob (eno)

Look forward to seeing what you come up with!

• Roy Horan

I am still amazed, in awe, that I was an original backer and ended up with Kickstarter #3979 although the Kickstarter website says there were only 3829 backers…..go figure.

The original estimated delivery was December 2017 and if all goes as planned (it never has with this project) and after 63 updates I will get my “Mindset”/Enophones 4 years later in December of 2021. I feel for those who are falling for all of the advertising on Instagram and other platforms who think once they have put down their money that they will “soon” get what they ordered. I should have purchased Bose headphones 4 years ago. I will never support a Kickstarter project again.

• Jacob (eno)

Hey Roy – the kickstarter backer number is a bit confusing to us as well. We’re pretty sure that the dissonance is because Kickstarter counts backers that backed the project, but then never paid for the product. 3829 backers pledged, while >4000 had expressed interest but never paid.

It’s definitely taken us way longer than expected, but we’re very excited that at long last we’re shipping Enophones to everyone. I look forward to getting your feedback when you receive yours!

• Yishay Yovel

When will indiegogo backers get the phones?

• Jacob (eno)

Hi Yishay – Indiegogo backers will be getting their Enophones in Batch 5, shipping December 2021.

• Zane

Thank you for the clear update. Sad that I’ll be getting mine in batch 5 (backer #3,693), but glad to hear that you have a proper SDK integration. I checked out the Brainflow GitHub and am excited for what can be built on top of a proper open-source extensible platform.

• Louis-Philippe Savard

How do I know what order number is mine, I have contribution ID 485 on Indiegogo, should I expect to receive in September ??

• Jacob (eno)

Hi Louis-Philippe – Indiegogo backers will be receiving their Enophones in Batch 5, shipping December 2021.

• Landis

Quote from your May update, indiegogo backers will get the product in Batch 4.

• Paul cartwright

Hi, Great news, can you confirm that I am in this batch.
    Looking forward to using the product
    thanks
    Paul

• Edward

YESSSS, Help me with the distractions I pray 😀

• Uday Gunjikar

Hi,

My order # is 887, placed in July 2020. When can I expect to receive my Enophone? I haven’t received any update from you about my shipment since my order confirmation email.

• Miki

“Jacob (eno)

Hi Louis-Philippe – Indiegogo backers will be receiving their Enophones in Batch 5, shipping December 2021”.

This doesn’t make sense! We are one of the first backers, but waiting until the end to get the phones…

• Daniel

When you say shipping, does this mean shipping from your warehouse/DC in North America, or does shipping mean shipping from the factory in China?

• Eric

When will people ordered directly from your website get their set?

• Alexandr

He Makes Money Online WITHOUT Traffic!

Most people believe that you need traffic to profit online…
    And for the most part, they’re right!
    Fact is.. 99.99% of methods require you to have traffic.
    And that in itself is the problem..
    Because frankly, getting traffic is a pain in the rear!
    Don’t you agree?
    That’s why I was excited when a good friend told me that he was profiting, but with ZERO traffic.
    I didn’t believe him at first…
    But after he showed me the proof, it’s certainly the real deal!
    I’m curious what your thoughts are.
    Click here to take a look >> https://bit.ly/3mOAfVp
    Please view it before it’s taken down.

• Stewart Beston

Hi team, I have had my enophone headphones and been using them for 2-3 months. The battery life is great, and they sound great. My one issue is that when using them for general sound, rather than specifically the ‘sessions’ within the app, they seem quieter. Is there any way you can add some functionality to increase the volume even by say 20%. I understand this does impact battery life, but sometimes on quieter clips, they simply arent loud enough especially to down out background noise, even with ANC on. Compared with other headphones I own, they are definitely far quieter at max volume. Hoping there can at least be an option to increase should the user choose to.

• Todd Greer

Did the 4th shipment go out? Looking forward to getting to test these out.

• Jan Van Moorsel

Hello
    I ordered directly from your website in 2018 if I recall well. I have exchanged a couple of emails with you. Does it mean that you will be shipping mine in December 21 as well?
    Thank you!